Splendour in the American Heartland (Summer 2019)
Splendour In The American Heartland (Summer 2019)
From the famous architecture of Chicago to the warm hospitality of the Midwest, this quintessential USA itinerary reveals the very essence of the American dream. Start with Chicago – the birthplace of the modern skyscraper – then continue to Kentucky for bourbon, horses and fast cars. Finally, embrace the toe-tappin’ country music scene in Tennessee. On select Chairman’s Collection departure dates you’ll meet iconic multi-instrumentalist Charlie McCoy. From playing the saxophone on Roy Orbison’s “Oh Pretty Woman”, to the harmonica on Elvis and Simon & Garfunkel tracks, he has played a huge role in making music history. Join him at Studio B in Nashville where you’ll record your own group song before Charlie accompanies you on harmonica. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman’s Collection.
- Chicago: Experience a Highlight Dinner at a classic Chicago chophouse, Gibson’s Bar and Steakhouse.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Chicago: Experience the greatest highs and the best views of the city from the observatory atop 360 Chicago.
- Chicago: Appreciate the variety of impressive styles and achievements in design during your architectural river cruise, as a Local Expert reveals how the city was transformed after the Great Fire of 1871.
- St Louis: Get a bird’s-eye view of the city from the famed St Louis Gateway Arch.
- Bowling Green: The Corvette is America on wheels. The National Corvette Museum pays homage to this most famous sports car.
- Nashville: Attend a live taping of the Grand Ole Opry, America’s longest-running live radio program.
- Chicago: Experience a world class Chicago hotel at The Gwen.
- St Louis: Four Seasons Hotel St Louis is a five-star hotel with epic views of the Gateway Arch, located in the heart of downtown.
- Louisville: A favourite of Kentucky Derby attendees, The Brown Hotel is an opulent choice amongst travellers who will find a blend of Georgian Elegance, timeless Southern charm and impeccable service.
- Nashville: Experience the finest in Southern hospitality at Sheraton Grand Nashville Downtown.
- St. Louis: Join an exclusive guided tour of the Fabulous Fox Theatre.
- Nashville: Join the ranks of superstar musicians like Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson and record a song at legendary Studio B, take home the recording as a truly unique souvenir.
- Nashville: Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame and get a private behind the scenes look at the songwriting process with a local songwriter and singer.
- Louisville: Visit Churchill Downs on a private tour and meet the world famous horse jockey, Charles Woods Jr.
INCLUSIVE LUXURY GOLD SERVICES
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold’s air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Chicago, the Jewel of the Midwest.
St. Louis, the Gateway to the West.
St. Louis Arch to Louisville.
Spirited residents and resident spirits of Louisville.
A Corvette on the Honky-Tonk Highway to Nashville.
Enjoy Nashville's Musical History.