Country Roads of Belgium, Luxembourg & the Netherlands - Small Group, Preview 2022
Country Roads Of Belgium, Luxembourg & The Netherlands – Small Group, 2022
Step back in time and immerse yourself in idyllic 17th century Dutch landscapes of gently turning windmills and charming bridges, arching over peaceful canals. Enjoy a slower pace of life with all the comforts of modern touches.
- Brussels: Your delightful first evening also includes a Welcome Dinner with wine at a local restaurant in the heart of the Old Town with an opportunity to mingle with your fellow travellers.
- Bruges: Experience a Dine-Around Evening in beautiful Bruges; enjoying regional dishes, excellent service and famous Belgian beer.
- Luxembourg: After admiring Luxembourg countryside, savour a freshly-prepared Farm-to-Table meal at restaurant Les Écuries du Parc , made of locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients typical of the region.
- Monnickendam: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with wine in an elegant restaurant in the quaint village of Monnickendam.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- Brussels: Choose between visiting Waterloo and the Panorama mural, to learn about Napoleon’s final defeat or alternatively, join a private chocolate truffle-making lesson and tasting with a master chocolatier, and join a Local Expert to further explore Brussels.
- Amsterdam: Explore the Rijksmuseum, the Dutch national museum and largest art museum in the Netherlands, with a local art historian. Witness famous works by Van Gogh, Vermeer, and Rembrandt.
- Monnickendam: Journey through the polder landscape to visit Monnickendam. Along the way, visit a rustic cheese workshop to learn the secrets of the dairy industry and witness the ancient art of clog making.
- City tours of Ghent, Bruges and Luxembourg, all with Local Experts.: City tours of Ghent, Bruges and Luxembourg, all with Local Experts.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the scenery as you travel through Flanders, the Walloon region, along the River Meuse, across Ardennes Plateau and through the Semois Valley and Dutch countryside.
- Brussels: See the Atomium, and the Chinese and Japanese Pavilions.
- Ghent: Visit St. Bavo’s Cathedral with a Local Expert, former home of the Van Eyck masterpiece, and see the Castle of the Counts.
- Bruges: Visit the Market Square and famous belfry of the Market Hall with your Local Expert. See the Gothic town hall in Burg Square and the frescoes on the walls of the Holy Blood Chapel.
- Luxembourg: With your Local Expert, enjoy views over the Petrusse Ravine and walk through the Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. See the cathedral, the Palace of the Grand Duke and visit the grave of U.S. General George S. Patton. Lookout from the Pont Adolphe.
- Bastogne: Experience a fascinating insight into the history of the World War II at the modern Bastogne War Museum. Visit the Mardasson Monument, dedicated to those who fell during the Battle of the Bulge.
- Rotterdam: Witness the impressive market hall and Erasmus Bridge on your orientation of this modern city.
- Delft: Visit one of the manufacturers of original Delft blue pottery and see the potters at work on your guided tour.
- The Hague: See the Binnenhof courtyards and the Peace Palace.
- Amsterdam: Cruise along the old waterways, discovering the architectural gems of the old city, including mansions dating from the Golden Age of the 17th Century.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Brussels
The Battlefield of Waterloo
Ghent and on to Bruges
Luxembourg City and Countryside
Explore Bastogne then on to Rotterdam
Delft and The Hague
A True Dutch Delight